1. Mandatory critical task for all: accountable for ensuring the health and safety of oneself and colleagues by developing and complying with the company policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations of occupational health and safety at work.
- Compliance to H&S standards and regulations
- Achievement of H&S assignments as required (PTO, SOT)
- Identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement of INSEE Vietnam Organizational Health & Safety policies, guidelines, in line with international best practices.
2. Direct, guide and assist in the creation of a healthy and safe working environment with continuously safe working behaviors by fostering a high quality of safe work life for employees / contractors in all operations areas through education, training, and widespread knowledge of relevant risk management systems.
- Raise awareness of risk and develop a risk management culture throughout the organization.
- Identify and assess risks that could impact on health and safety or lead to loss or damage either in terms of business, finance, or reputation.
- Develop, implement, and revise preventive programs to identify and reduce risks from potential hazards at all facilities.
- Conduct periodic compliance audits of facilities with applicable environmental health and safety policies, regulations, and standards.
- Review all incident, accident, and injury reports to identify root causes and propose plans and strategies to improve safety. Identifies trends and issues based on reports. In consultation with CEO, and other related directors, as appropriate, develops and implements actions to improve safety.
3. Develop, implement, administer, and evaluate policies, programs, and procedures for occupational health, workplace safety in accordance with H&S objectives and country relevant legislations and guidelines.
- Regularly reviews and revises policies and procedures for health and safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Monthly present the workplace safety report to the exco members and OHS board of committee.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, trends and best practices in environmental and occupational health and safety.
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure the safety and health programs and uses those measures to identify, propose and implement improvements, and corrective action plans.
- Focus on safety control within the business and identify the opportunity for improvement.
4. Increase health & safety culture throughout organization by assuring basic / advanced training and education programs are developed, implemented, maintained, evaluated, and revised for the protection of employees and the continuous improvement of safety behaviors in the workplace.
Through the joint responsibility with OHS Corporate committee:
- Maintain compliance with country legislative requirements to develop the cost-effective safety training plan to reduce / eliminate unsafe behaviors at work.
- Establish a stringent training schedule to suit targeted employees/ contractors and encourage the participation and understanding of health and safety issues.
- Maintain documentation of training of employees/ contractors as appropriate
- Develop engagement program to raise awareness of health and safety in workplace as well as in employees’ daily life.
- Improve the safety culture mindset and behaviors of all employees and contractors across the business.
5. Ensure fit for purpose, emergency plans and preparation for executing them.
- Develop, implement, and regularly review an emergency response plan by completing a robust risk assessment process and deliver a plan that allocates accountabilities, resources, and equipment to ensure all site emergencies are effectively managed and risks are minimized.
- In collaboration with the site managements, monitor, record safety functionality and location of emergency stations, and other safety-related items.
- Conduct meeting and training for all emergency action coordinators on an appropriate basis.
- Ensure that site management conduct emergency drill on an appropriate basis, and that they identify an improvement with the drill.
- Quarterly review and, as appropriate, propose revisions to emergency action plan.
- Ensure there are fast, clear pathways where decisions need to be made quickly and that support systems are in place in case of emergency
6. Develop common regional safety practices & procedures.
- Work closely with equivalent position in INSEE group companies to offer support to all countries in area.
- Develop common safety standards and practices.
- Assist in training arrangements & delivery for regional safety improvement
7. People development
- Provide clear direction & leadership to the department, in particular its management team.
- Ensure good succession pipeline for all management positions in the department as well as develop capabilities of staff at different levels.
1. Educational Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
2. Relevant Experience
- Experience in managing an operation team from 5 years, operational experience in midsize to large manufacturing company preferred.
- Experience with implementing H&S culture in the workplace is especially valued.
- Potential to achieve Top Management Level in the company,
3. Leadership Competencies & Agility Mindset
- Drive Results - Exceeds
- Collaborates & Influence - Exceeds
- Challenge Conventions - Exceeds
- Customer & Market Focus - Meets
- Shape transformational Strategies - Meets
- Engages and Inspires - Exceeds
- Attract & Develop Talents & Build great team – Meets.
- Curious - Exceeds
- Creative Insights - Meets
- Connected - Meets
- Commitment to Purpose - Exceeds
- Courageous - Exceeds